Follow Us

Twitter iconYouTube icon

Paycheck Reissue Procedures

Q: Whom should I contact if I do not receive my paycheck on payday?

A: If you do not receive your check in the mail on payday, please notify Payroll Services on the following business day (Monday if payday is on Friday).  You may reach Payroll Services by phone, 571-553-4277, or email [email protected].

Q: What do I need to do to get a new check?

A: Please complete the "Paycheck Stop Payment Form" found under the General section of the Payroll Forms on the Payroll Website.  The check information required to complete the form will be given to you by a payroll representative.  It must be signed and sent to Payroll. You may scan and email it to [email protected] or fax it to 571-553-4406.  You may also go to the Faculty Staff Service Center in Marvin Center to fill out the form or drop it off.

Q: What happens after I send in the form?

A: Payroll will notify the bank to put a stop payment on the original check. Once confirmed by the bank (within 24 hours), Payroll will reissue the check and mail it to the W4 address on file. To change your W-4 address go to GWeb Information System (GWeb), instructions are located on the payroll website, or complete a new Form W-4, and send to Payroll Services or drop off at the FSSC.

Q: What if I receive the original check after I send in the stop payment form?

A: Once a stop payment is placed on a check, it cannot be reversed.  You will have to wait for the reissued check.  Return the check to Payroll Services (write VOID on the check), do not cash the check.

Payroll Services
45155 Research Place, Suite 155
Ashburn, VA 20147

Q: When should I expect the new check?

A: The reissued check will be processed on the next supplemental payroll after the stop payment has been confirmed by the bank. Biweekly supplemental payrolls are processed each Wednesday, monthly supplemental payrolls are processed each Tuesday.  Checks will be mailed to your W4 address the following day.